Monday, October 14, 2013

The Looking Glass

There is a good contrast of old and new buildings in Downtown Detroit, as my eye is always drawn to both when I have my camera. This photo is one of the older buildings downtown. The architectural detail is what always draws me in to the older buildings, the way they were made, and how they continue to withstand time.

I've been spending time looking at Black & White photos from other photographers online, as it is something I have wanted to learn myself for awhile now. I am having trouble deciding what actually constitutes a good black and white photo. I see some that are a stark black and white together, some that have more black than white, some that have more white than black and some that are even black and gray. I have a number of photos that I believe would look better in black and white, then they would in color. So, as I begin experimenting with black and white photos, I would love it if someone could tell me if I am on the right track or not? Or, is it just a matter of personal preference in this regard too? Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment