Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Here to Stay

I chose this photo today because it has memories for me. It looks like Spring is moving along slowly here in Michigan, and with that I found my first sprout of my Red Lily plants that sit right outside my front door next to my front porch. The bud shown here is about the size of a nickel right now, but when in full bloom, will be about 2-3 ft tall. I bought these lily plants about 12 years ago, after I bought my very first house myself. I was proud of the fact that I was able to purchase my own house, being a single Mom with two kids. A few years later, my life changed and I ended up moving 3 times in 10 years. Each time I had to move to a different home, I dug up my lily plants and took them with me. My 3rd and hopefully final move was 2 1/2 years ago, and I still have my Red Lily plants. Not sure why they mean so much to me, but they do, and since we do not intend to move again, if ever, I called these plants "Here to Stay". As they grow, I hope to have some more photos so you can see how beautiful these plants are in full bloom. Hope you like it, and thanks for looking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment