Thursday, April 11, 2013

Architecture in Black & Gold

It's been raining for 3 days now here in Michigan, and I was determined to go out and take some photos outside, even in the rain. I decided to do something that I realized I don't do enough. Architecture and Buildings have intrigued me a lot lately, and I decided to see if I could find a few to photograph. I didn't have to go far, about two miles from home and I found several buildings with great architectural aspects. I'll save some for another day, but today this is the one that intrigued me the most. It is actually a Catholic Church that I have driven by hundreds of times, and the glistening of the gold in the sun is always an eye-catcher. Not glistening so much today since it is raining, but the architectural detail is very noticeably once I took the time to stop and really look. The lines of the dome itself, the vertical lines and angles of the green roofing, and the black curves of the windows makes this worth a second look. As I sat there snapping a few photos in the rain, I looked at all of the black curved windows and wondered why they were placed there and who sits there looking out at the world around us. One day, I may have to go inside and see the view from the dome.

No comments:

Post a Comment